Ordinary diploma in Nursing PROGRAM
This programme is geared towards producing innovative, creative and flexible nurses who will cope with the dynamic changes of the profession, technology and socio-economic needs. It is, therefore, expected that the graduates from this level will have aspirations to pursue higher qualifications in nursing profession. The programme adopts a modular system and will operate under semester structure. This will facilitate a large degree of flexibility for recognition of learning experiences and professional practice for the graduates’ future development.
Aims of the Programme
- To form a flexible course that is responsive to dynamic and rapidly changing world of work and the society;
- To provide nursing skills, knowledge and behaviours that is vital to learners, employers and the community;
- To entice self-realisation and team work skills that enable graduates to perform efficiently and aspire for higher level training;
- To build capacity to participate in the implementation of National Health Policy and its accompanying Operational Guidelines; and
- To propagate and promote moral, legal and ethical conduct among nurses and other health workers within the nursing profession and national legal framework.