This programme is geared towards producing innovative, creative and flexible graduates who will cope with the dynamic changes of technology and socio-economic needs. To enhance this, the programme is designed and developed such that it:
- Provides a sound foundation and connection between medical and social sciences in promoting health and develops ability in communication and entrepreneurial skills so as to give the graduates an opportunity for further training;
- Allows for development of skilled and professional career education with a strong base in health promotion as an emerging allied health discipline;
- Offers a wide base of inter-disciplinary aspects in the fields of health with a foundation in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT);
- Enhances graduates’ awareness towards professional, legal and socio-economic influences in the delivery of health care services;
- Enables graduates to be self-confident and acquire competences that solve day-to-day problems;
- Satisfies the specified standards in line with the National Technical Awards system; and
- Imparts creativeness and strong ability for the graduates to undertake given tasks competently.
It is, therefore, expected that the graduates from this programme will have aspirations to become professionals. The programme is a modular system and will operate under semester structure. This will facilitate a large degree of flexibility for the graduates’ future development.